History PTC Vizianagaram

The Police Training College, Vizianagaram was initially established as Central Police Recruit School in the Year 1908  in an extent of nearly 100 acres of area, called as “cantonment” at the outskirts of Vizianagaram town, which had been in the Visakhapatnam district. After the formation of Vizianagaram district., Consisting of some demarcated parts of Srikakulam and Visakhapatnam districts in the year 1979, nearly 20 Acres of Land to District Collectorate and 50 Acres of land to District Police was given retaining the remaining extent of 30 Acres to  Police Recruitment School (PRS). In the year 1993, this PRS was elevated to the rank of Police Training College. It is located at the distance of 400 KM from Police Hqrs (Mangalagiri) and is within the District Hqrs.

X